วันจันทร์ที่ 21 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Back Pain - Back surgery and Rehab

Decompression Surgery:

If anyone had told me how long and painful my back surgical operation and rehab would be I might have put off the carrying out and tries other non surgical treatments. As it was I had injured myself at work resulting in a herniated disc and sciatic pain. Now I did try a concentrate of proper conservative treatments together with rest, Tylenol, ice packs and corporal therapy. Although all of these gave me some help the results were temporary. The pain always came back. Probably because I was still working. For six months my life consisted of go to work come home, eat dinner and lay down until it was time to go to bed.

Finally the doctor sent me to have an Mri. The Mri showed a herniated disc in my lower back. I was told both by my doctor and the surgeon that I was a exquisite candidate for surgery. The type they recommended was an "Mild" or minimum invasive lumbar decompression. This would be done as an inpatient procedure. I would be home in a concentrate of hours and my pain would be gone. My doctor even said I wouldn't need corporal therapy. I view great let's do it! I'm tired of the pain and wanted my life back Asap!

Well the surgical operation was all things the doctor said it would be I went to the clinic at seven in the morning and by 10:30 I was home resting in bed without any pain! This is great! I thought. The surgeon did set me up for four weeks of corporal therapy and in truth it made sense. My back muscles had weaken and I had muscle imbalance due to the months of inactivity.

Decompression Surgery:Back Pain - Back surgery and Rehab

However 2 weeks after the carrying out I started experiencing severe pain in my lower back and leg. I went back on Oxycotin and had to cut ack on my Pt. The surgeon said it was due to swelling and that finally it would decree down. That was six weeks ago. I'm still on Oxy and going to corporal therapy. Although I'm still spend most of my time on my back and am out of work, I am improving.

Now I don't blame my surgeon. He has an exquisite reputation. Any way there are many risks involved with any surgical operation and swelling and pain is one of them. I wished I had explored more alternatives to surgery. But it all sounded so good and I was in pain. If you are suffering from an aching back I encourage you to seek alternative treatments. Although only a small percent of back pain sufferers wish surgical operation anyone with a bad back can benefit from non-invasive treatments.

Decompression Surgery:Back Pain - Back surgery and Rehab

1 ความคิดเห็น: